Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Interactive Exhibit Design: A First Foray

Part of my Interactive Exhibit Design (IED) class this semester is blogging about my ideas, projects, and progress. Up until now, I’ve been really hesitant to do that despite the fact that it is a course component. I’m not totally sure why I was so reluctant to blog but I think it probably had a lot to do with the fact that until very recently I really wasn’t sure what I wanted to do for my project(s) and the fact that I didn’t until perhaps two weeks ago feel all that confident in my skills and ability to actually make my ideas happen. It also probably helps that Dr. Turkel gave me the go ahead to actually finish the project I had been using to procrastinate. 

I think the most incredible thing about IED is the world that the class is opening for myself and my classmates. Things that we might not have ever thought about doing are approachable now. We can create virtual 3D landscapes, make a hockey game into an interface and make a t-shirt do something cool. We’re also learning what we can and cannot do ourselves (thought I’m still holding out hope for Objective C). We’ll know when we need to call in the professionals and when we’re the only professionals our employers need. Its exciting, uplifting and empowering! 
I’ll be following this post up with a description of the projects I’m interested in working on, including what I think I’ll need, what I need to learn, and what I think the final product might look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment