Monday, August 16, 2010

Technical Difficulties

I popped onto the blog this evening on a whim and after I got over my shock at how long it had been since my last post I noticed that about 10 photos were missing from my last few Interactive Exhibit Design posts. At first I thought I was dealing with an issue Blogger was experiencing over the spring and into the summer but it turned out instead that I was suffering from the way I had initially uploaded the photos. I write most of my blogs in Pages or Word and then copy and paste them into the compose window. In the case of the two blogs that were missing photos I had imported the photos directly into my Pages document instead of into blogger and as a result those photos disappeared. I'm not exactly sure when it happened but it must have been relatively soon after I published the blog.

So all 13 of you must be desperately wondering why I disappeared along with my photos this past summer. Oh, who am I kidding, most of you know exactly what I was doing because you were too. As part of our MA Public History students at UWO have to complete a 12 week internship. From May 17th, until August 10th I was completing mine with The Promised Land Project at Huron University College. With my classmate Shelagh Staunton I planned and executed the oral history component of the project. I'm hoping to follow with a blog about that experience in the near future as well as a few more that I've had up my sleeve but just not had time to finalize and publish.

No comments:

Post a Comment